A Night in Bethlehem,
An Event for All Ages
Sunday Dec. 10th @ 5:00pm
By order of His Royal Majesty, the Emperor, it is decreed that all the world is to be counted and taxed.
Therefore, let each person and family come for 'A Night in Bethlehem' to be taxed according to law.
Journey back in time to Bethlehem as it was the night Jesus was born. Guest will experience that night through sights, sounds, smells and hands on activities! As you approach our building, you will hear festive music and the buzz of a bustling village. You will meet Roman Soldiers reminding you to register with the census taker. Explore the busy Marketplace in Bethlehem. Here you might learn to write in Hebrew, try your hand at a game of chance, sample foods from the Bakery, watch raw wool being spun into yarn, do some weaving, and get your hands dirty as the village potter makes his wares.
Next families will travel to the stable that houses Mary, Joseph and the stable animals on the night they welcome baby Jesus into the world!
Finally visitors are invited to stay for an engaging retelling of the Christmas story with music and pageantry. Come and experience Christmas like you never have before!
'A Night in Bethlehem' is a free admission community event and will be presented on Sunday December 10th. Village hours are from 5:00 - 6:15PM with a re-enactment of the Christmas story beginning at 6:30PM. Light Dinner items and seasonal hot beverages will be available for purchase throughout the event. In keeping with the spirit of Christmas giving, items will be collected for local organizations (this is optional). Click on the link below for more details.!
Night in Bethlehem and
White Gifts Service
Schedule & Events
for the week of
Dec. 11th 2017
- 5:00 p.m. Yoga with Lisa in the Reeves Center
- 7:00 p.m. Diaconate meeting in the Parlor
- 7:00 p.m. Dealing with Holiday Anxiety (see Danielle Morisse-Corsetti for details). The group will meet in the Parlor
- 11:00 a.m. Bible Study in the Parlor
- 6:15 p.m. Children's Choir rehearsal in the Parlor
- 7:00 p.m. Jubilation Choir rehearsal in the Parlor
- 10:00 a.m. UCC Clergy Meeting in the Parlor
- 6:00 p.m. KCC holiday gathering at the Shuttle Meadow Country Club
- 7:00 p.m. Christian Faith Formation in the Reeves Center
- 9:00 a.m. Jubilation Choir meets in the Parlor
- 10:00 a.m. Service in the Meeting House
- 11:00 a.m. Junior PF meets in the Parish Hall to drive to Salvation Army to serve lunch
- 11:10 a.m. Christian Commitment meeting in the Parlor
- 5:00 p.m. Woman Service League cookie Sale in the Parish Hall
- 6:30 p.m. All Church Caroling - meet in Parish Hall Parking lot
Rev. Olivia Robinson grew up in Milford, New Jersey on the Delaware River. She attended Boston University and Yale Divinity School . She is a Registered Nurse and worked in Sierra Leone, Africa and did mission work in the Dominican Republic. She has been in Parishes for over 38 years. Olivia has also studied at the Yale School of Music and is an accomplished Lyric soprano. She believes in making life more sacred and the sacred more full of life. Her office is filled with puppets, guitars, flutes, drums and works of art which she uses in her sermons. She has a passionate interest in all religions and is a founding member of New BAIC - The New Britain Area Interfaith Council. She is a warm and compassionate woman with a great sense of humor.
Statement of Inclusion
We believe that all people are created in God's image and are blessed and loved equally by God. We strive, with God's grace, to welcome and value all persons into our community, including persons of every age, race, nationality, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, socio-economic status, mental and physical ability, educational background, and spiritual tradition. We invite all to share fully in the life, leadership, ministry, sacraments, blessings and joys of our church family. We, the members of the Kensington Congregational Church, United Church of Christ, covenant with God and each other to live and love as Jesus has taught. We commit ourselves to the ongoing work of actively embracing Jesus call to love one another. Trusting in the Holy Spirit, we journey together in faith
fulfilling the spiritual needs of our community for over 300 years!