In its earliest form, the Kensington Congregational Church (KCC) was known as the Great Swamp Church, or the Second Church of Farmington. The first gathering of its members occurred on December 12th 1713. After numerous moves and division, the existing building on Percival Avenue was erected in the summer of 1774.read more
Schedule & Events
for the week of
Jan. 16th 2016
"New Beginning, New Journey, Same Light"
- Office Closed - MLK
- 9:30 a.m. Play Group in the Reeves Center
- 4:00 p.m. Spoottswood meeting in the Parlor
- 5:00 p.m. Yoga with Lisa in the Reeves Center
- 11:00 a.m. Bible Study in the Parlor
- 7:00 p.m. Senior Choir rehearsal in the Parlor
- 7:00 p.m. Trustees meeting in the Reeves Center
- 7:00 p.m. Handbells rehearsal in the Parlor
- 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Kensington Nursery School Open House
- 9:00 a.m. Senior Choir meets in the Parlor
- 10:00 a.m. Service in the Meeting House
- 11:00 a.m. Capital Campaign Vote
- 12:00 p.m. Woman Service League Intergenerational Program in the Reeves Center
Rev. Olivia Robinson grew up in Milford, New Jersey on the Delaware River. She attended Boston University and Yale Divinity School . She is a Registered Nurse and worked in Sierra Leone, Africa and did mission work in the Dominican Republic. She has been in Parishes for over 38 years. Olivia has also studied at the Yale School of Music and is an accomplished Lyric soprano. She believes in making life more sacred and the sacred more full of life. Her office is filled with puppets, guitars, flutes, drums and works of art which she uses in her sermons. She has a passionate interest in all religions and is a founding member of New BAIC - The New Britain Area Interfaith Council. She is a warm and compassionate woman with a great sense of humor.
Statement of Inclusion
We believe that all people are created in God's image and are blessed and loved equally by God. We strive, with God's grace, to welcome and value all persons into our community, including persons of every age, race, nationality, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, socio-economic status, mental and physical ability, educational background, and spiritual tradition. We invite all to share fully in the life, leadership, ministry, sacraments, blessings and joys of our church family. We, the members of the Kensington Congregational Church, United Church of Christ, covenant with God and each other to live and love as Jesus has taught. We commit ourselves to the ongoing work of actively embracing Jesus call to love one another. Trusting in the Holy Spirit, we journey together in faith
fulfilling the spiritual needs of our community for over 300 years!