Schedule & Events
for the week of
March 27th 2017
"Everybody is a Somebody to GOD"
- 7:30 p.m. "No Name in the Street" Practice in the Parlor
- 9:30 a.m. Play Group in the Reeves Center
- 5:00 p.m. Yoga with Lisa in the Reeves Center
- 6:00 p.m. Lenten Potluck in the Parish Hall
- 7:00 p.m. "No Name in the Street" in the Sanctuary
- 11:00 a.m. Bible Study in the Parlor
- 2:30 p.m. Lead Worship Service at Ledgecrest
- 6:00 p.m. Report MGT #1 in the Parish Hall
- 7:00 p.m. FOTH Meeting in the Reeves Center
- Annual Reports are Due
- 9:00 a.m. Bunny Brunch in the Parish Hall
- 10:00 a.m. Service in the Meeting House
- 11:15 a.m. Report MGT #2 in the Reeves Center
- 11:20 a.m. Missions meeting in the Parish Hall (down)
- 6:30 p.m. Confirmation Class meeting in the Parlor
Rev. Olivia Robinson grew up in Milford, New Jersey on the Delaware River. She attended Boston University and Yale Divinity School . She is a Registered Nurse and worked in Sierra Leone, Africa and did mission work in the Dominican Republic. She has been in Parishes for over 38 years. Olivia has also studied at the Yale School of Music and is an accomplished Lyric soprano. She believes in making life more sacred and the sacred more full of life. Her office is filled with puppets, guitars, flutes, drums and works of art which she uses in her sermons. She has a passionate interest in all religions and is a founding member of New BAIC - The New Britain Area Interfaith Council. She is a warm and compassionate woman with a great sense of humor.
Statement of Inclusion
We believe that all people are created in God's image and are blessed and loved equally by God. We strive, with God's grace, to welcome and value all persons into our community, including persons of every age, race, nationality, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, socio-economic status, mental and physical ability, educational background, and spiritual tradition. We invite all to share fully in the life, leadership, ministry, sacraments, blessings and joys of our church family. We, the members of the Kensington Congregational Church, United Church of Christ, covenant with God and each other to live and love as Jesus has taught. We commit ourselves to the ongoing work of actively embracing Jesus call to love one another. Trusting in the Holy Spirit, we journey together in faith
In its earliest form, the Kensington Congregational Church (KCC) was known as the Great Swamp Church, or the Second Church of Farmington. The first gathering of its members occurred on December 12th 1713. After numerous moves and division, the existing building on Percival Avenue was erected in the summer of 1774.read more
Capital Campaign is Underway!
We are deeply grateful to the individuals listed below, led by Campaign Chair Dan Morisse-Corsetti, who are serving as the Campaign Steering Committee for the expansion of the Parish Hall. The early response from volunteers is very positive and encouraging. As of March 6th, we have 80 volunteer positions filled, including 40 Visitors!
- PASTOR - The Rev. Olivia Robinson
- CAMPAIGN CHAIR - Daniel Morisse-Corsetti
- HONORARY CHAIR - Allan Hal
- GENERAL GIFTS - Bill Mason
- LEADERSHIP GIFTS - Cori Humes
- TELEPHONE - Judy Hall
- HOSPITALITY - Terry Pirelli & Lindsey Wright
- OFFICE COORDINATOR - Kay Murray
- COMMUNICATIONS - Hannah Schulz
- OFFICE ADMINSITRATOR - Cassandra St. Pierre
- Wed. March 8 - Leadership Gifts Committee Training
- Sun. March 12 - General Gifts Committee Trainin
- Sun. March 26 - Campaign Kick-Off Event
- Wed. March 29 - Report Meeting I
- Sun. April 2 - Report Meeting II
Our consultant Maryann Doyle will be with us for the next five weeks and can be reached in the church campaign office, Sunday - Thursday, at (860) 828-0064.
fulfilling the spiritual needs of our community for over 300 years!